Talks, training and counsellor CPD courses.
'Working with Clients with Long Covid and other Chronic Illnesses' Panel discussion 13/07/22 on Welldoing.org therapists CPD session.
‘Self-Care in Self-Employment’ 2020, Greenbank Business Network, Liverpool.
‘Staying compassionate with physical disability you can’t see’ 2019, Liverpool Humanists.
‘Self-care for psychological & physical therapists’ 2017, Ullet Road Eco Offices, Liverpool.
‘Living Well with ME/CFS’ 2016, Hampshire Friends with ME.
‘Alternative approaches to pain management’ and ‘Mindfulness for wellbeing’ sessions for Breast Cancer Care, 2013 - 2018.
‘Acceptance & Denial in ME’ 2013, Kirklees ME Support Group, Huddersfield.
Training primary care mental health colleagues at Knowsley IAPT in 'Working with people who have CFS/ME' 2010.
Trained GP's in 'How the Benzodiazepine Reduction Programme supports patients' for 5 Borough's Partnership NHS Trust 2006.
Group sessions are available for the public and organisations on the following areas:
Self-care for counsellors in private practice
Sleep Hygiene - working with / improving your sleep;
Understanding physical disability you can't see.
Benzodiazepine Reduction - issues for withdrawal & support;
Working with people who have long term conditions;
Having a loved one with CFS/ME - Support for Family & Friends;
Working with people who have CFS/ME;
Fatigue - what helps and what hinders; Living well with a chronic physical illness;
Acceptance & Denial & self-management in CFS/ME / Physical Illness;
Effective pain self-management in chronic illness;
Pacing strategies for chronic health conditions;
All the above can be tailored to individual group needs - please contact me to discuss rates & availability
An experienced integrative counsellor who has also worked as a manager/trainer and is also an expert patient, I am able to offer a unique and deeply empathic perspective on health management. Working for many years in NHS Primary Care, I have a good working knowledge of NICE Guidance and issues that can be encountered in putting these into practice for individuals. My experience of qualitative research & evaluation, both academic and outcome-based, gives me a good working knowledge of analysis of complex specialist areas. My book 'Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME - Support for Family and Friends' (Jessica Kingsley Publishers 2010) has been well received for its clear, accessible style.
As a specialist in the interaction between mental health & chronic physical health problems I have taken a consultancy role in a variety of settings, for example:
- I am the author of ME charity Hampshire Friends with ME's patient information sheets.
- NHS on Merseyside 2001-2013 as part of ‘Specialist Clinician' role - Provision of informal specialist guidance and supervision to colleagues and other professionals on working with CFS/ME & Benzodiazepine Reduction. Ongoing support to NHS colleagues.
- Panel member at ME Association annual National ME ‘Question Time' event, Huddersfield 2011.
- Women's Health Information & Support Centre (WHISC), Liverpool, 2011 - clinical advisor to application process for funding for new counselling project.
- Singing Dragon Publishers, 2011 - evaluation report of draft of proposed UK publication of ‘Breaking Free from Persistent Fatigue' by Lucie Montpetit, & review for press release and book jacket.
If you would like to discuss costs, options for group sessions or staff training please contact me on 07852507117, via the email contact form on the sidebar or connect with me on LinkedIn.